JOSEPH SERPE, DC, BCN
Dr. Joseph M. Serpe, DC, has been treating patients since graduating from the National College of Chiropractic with honors in 1992. In May of 1996, he founded Serpe Chiropractic Center, SC now known as The NeuroPlus Institute. Since graduating, Dr. Serpe has dedicated his practice to helping people with chronic conditions that have not responded well to other treatments or who have not met their recovery goals using other methods.
As a Board Certified Physician in Neurofeedback, Dr. Serpe proudly offers life changing non-medication options. He is a certified graduate of the American Functional Neurology Institute, with well over 950+ hours of postgraduate study in neurology.
He has studied under some of the top physicians and researchers in functional medicine and neurofeedback including Dr. Richard Soutar, Robert Longo, Dr. Datis Kharrazian, Dr. David Clark, Dr. Jeffery Bland and many others. Dr. Serpe has exceptional skills in functional blood work analysis, hormone and immune function, neurochemistry and integrative nutritional protocols.
Growing up up in Alsip, IL, Dr. Serpe has always gravitated towards helping others. In the past, he volunteered at a teen suicide hotline with the SWYMCA and had an original degree direction in social work. His parents provided an excellent example of healthy living by teaching him about eating well and encouraging life long exercise. Together, his parents have completed over 26 marathons in Chicago, Boston and countries as far away as Norway.
Dr. Serpe lives with his wife and 4 children. He is an active member of Ginger Creek Church and enjoys cycling, exercise and playing guitar & ukulele.
Post Graduate Work:
- Board Certified in Neurofeedback
- Graduate of AFNI (American Functional Neurology Institute)
- Certified Interactive Metronome Physician
- Spinal Rehabilitation
- Certified Chiropractic Golf Specialist
- Functional Blood Analysis
- Functional Endocrinology
- Neurotransmitters and the brain
- Autonomic Dysfunction
- ADHD, Dyslexia and Developmental Disorders
- Vertigo/Balance Disorders
- Member of the International Association of Functional Neurology & Rehabilitation
- Member International Society of Neurofeedback and Research
- Member of AAPB
- Member BCIA
- Member of the American Chiropractic Association
- Member of the Illinois Chiropractic Society